PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE TERMS of REFERENCE
- To improve medical physics worldwide by providing or supporting appropriate publications or knowledge generated as a result of research, education and professional programs of the organization. The focus of the Committee includes both printed and electronic documents.
- To manage the operation of Medical Physics World.
- To oversee the publication agreements with publishers of the official IOMP journals.
- To make nominations of editorial board members and other such appointments as necessary to the IOMP Executive Committee.
- To identify the need for international scientific, research and professional publications through consultation and cooperation with other committees and task groups of the Organization.
- To assist Regional and National Organizations of medical physics to prepare proposals for publication of new materials in traditional or new formats as necessary to extend the international medical physics knowledge base.
The above have been extracted from the Bylaws of the IOMP approved by the Council in September 2009.