PROFESSIONAL RELATIONS COMMITTEE TERMS of REFERENCE
- To promote and support international cooperation on continued improvement in the status of the medical physics profession worldwide.
- To advice on and promote the standards of practice in medical physics and professional conduct.
- To identify the need for international professional relations and professional standards development through symposia, regional meetings or workshops, and assist with the funding and organization of these ventures
- To assist regional or national medical physics organizations to prepare IOMP sponsorship proposals for “professional relations” meetings.
- To consider applications from national and regional organisations for sponsoring or endorsing meetings. Applications to be considered in accordance with the document ‘IOMP policy on Scientific, Educational and Professional Meetings’.
- To consider requests for review, comment or endorsement of documents in accordance with the policy and procedure document ‘Documents Submitted to IOMP by External Organisations for Review, Comment or Endorsement’.
- To manage the IOMP travel support program, this is to support delegates from developing countries to attend ICMP´s.
- To prepare or provide support to develop where appropriate, policy statements, professional recommendations, codes of professional practice, and to establish or help to establish expert groups to address specific national, regional, or worldwide professional issues when needed.
- To manage the Equipment Donation Program
- To manage, in conjunction with the AAPM, the joint IOMP-AAPM Library Program.
The above have been extracted from the Bylaws of the IOMP approved by the Council in September 2009.