SCIENCE COMMITTEE TERMS of REFERENCE
- To improve medical physics worldwide by disseminating systematized knowledge derived from observation, study and experimentation.
- To promote research to determine the nature or principles of physics in medicine and put such information in a useful form for all countries but especially for developing countries.
- To explore frontier areas in physics and biology and their impact on the principles of physics in medicine, emphasizing research within academic physics, in order to promote international cooperation in addressing the science needs of medical physics including participation in the scientific programs of national organizations.
- To identify the need for international scientific symposia, research meetings, regional meetings and/or research workshops and assist with the organization, funding and arrangements of these ventures.
- To consider applications from national and regional organisations for sponsoring or endorsing meetings. Applications to be considered in accordance with the document ‘IOMP policy on Scientific, Educational and Professional Meetings’.
- To work on any and all alternative mechanisms that will promote international cooperation in addressing the science needs of medical physics, including participation in the scientific programs of other organizations.
- To foster scientific publications in IOMP official journals, whenever appropriate.
- To consider requests for review, comment or endorsement of documents in accordance with the policy and procedure document ‘Documents Submitted to IOMP by External Organisations for Review, Comment or Endorsement’.
The above have been extracted from the Bylaws of the IOMP approved by the Council in September 2009.